- Essential Information
Science at TLAP teaches our children about the essential aspects of the knowledge, methods, processes and uses of Science.
Our teachers recognise the importance of encouraging curiosity in our children in all subjects. Science lets our children develop a sense of excitement and curiosity about natural phenomena!
- Our children are encouraged to understand how Science can be used to explain what is occurring, predict how things will behave and analyse causes.
- Our children work as scientists, through hands on experiences, to create a sense of awe and wonder about the world they live in.
- All five scientific enquiries: observation, testing, research, classifying and identifying and pattern seeking will be taught from EYFS.
- Scientific vocabulary will be used in all Science lessons from EYFS, encouraging our children to be the best scientists that they can be.
- Science allows children to recognise and understand ideas from the world around us and predict how the world operates. Our older children begin to recognise that scientific ideas change and develop over time.